See Career Opportunities
There are opportunities in the following trades at all Vale underground mining and surface processing operations in Sudbury and Port Colborne, Ontario, and Thompson, Manitoba.
- Industrial Mechanics / Millwrights install, maintain and repair hydraulic equipment, mechanical drives, conveying systems, overhead cranes and pumps, and carry out precision alignments. The wide range of equipment types and diversity of our processes provides opportunity to utilize the full range of industrial mechanical skills.
- Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanics diagnose, repair, overhaul and maintain hydraulic, electro-hydraulic and electric equipment used in mining activities.
- Industrial Welders operate electric, oxy-acetylene and arc welding equipment to weld ferrous and non-ferrous metals for the fabrication and repair of process and mining equipment and machinery.
- Machinists set up and operate a variety of machine tools to cut or grind metal and similar materials for the fabrication of process and mining equipment and machinery.
- Industrial Electricians install, maintain, test, troubleshoot and repair electrical equipment and associated electrical and electronic controls. This could involve working with voltage up to 13.8 KV.
- Industrial Instrument Mechanics repair, maintain, calibrate, adjust, and install industrial measuring and controlling instrumentation including remote control systems, Distributed Control Systems (DCS) and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs).
© Vale 2010
Last Updated: Friday, March 30, 2012